Thursday, September 07, 2006

As promised...couple of very promising reads.

Okay...you all know how much I like uber dark and sexy books. They are often found among the paranormals, but I want my strong emotion too and this book looks to deliver all three. I'm definitely putting it on my TBB list.

SLAVE TO SENSATION
Nalini Singh

In a world that denies emotions, where the ruling Psy punish any sign of desire, Sascha Duncan must conceal the feelings that brand her as flawed. To reveal them would be to sentence herself to the horror of "rehabilitation" - the complete psychic erasure of everything she ever was...

Both human and animal, Lucas Hunter is a Changeling hungry for the very sensations the Psy disdain. After centuries of uneasy co-existence, these two races are now on the verge of war over the brutal murders of several Changeling women. Lucas is determined to find the Psy killer who butchered his packmate, and Sascha is his ticket into their closely guarded society. But he soon discovers that this ice-cold Psy is very capable of passion - and that the animal in him is fascinated by her. Caught between their conflicting worlds, Lucas and Sascha must remain bound to their identities - or sacrifice everything for a taste of darkest temptation...

There is nothing I like better though than a truly sexy romance and Kelley Vitollo's debut release is available *tomorrow*!!! Can't wait to read it.

Dream Man, a short story by Kelley Vitollo available September 8 from Forbidden Publications.

Sadie has the same dream night after night. She dreams of a mysterious man with black hair, gorgeous blue eyes, and magical hands. When dream becomes reality and Sadie comes face to face with her dream man, will she have the courage to see if reality is better then the dream?

And this week's blog winner? Will receive a copy of Kelley's Dream Man!

Today's discussion question - In both of these stories, the heroines have to take a risk to follow their heart (one perhaps a little more deadly than the other ::g::) and I've gotta admit that I love that kind of story. What about you? Did you have a "moment of decision" when it was all or nothing in a relationship, when the risk of staying was almost as big as the risk of walking away? If you don't want to get too personal...then how about sharing your favorite moment of decision in a romance?

FYI - I will be blogging more about my trip to Vancouver and my wonderful interview with Mark tomorrow. :)

19 comments:

Judy F said...

I cant wait for Kelleys book.

Sad to say no real romance stories for me. I wish though. Does that count

Kelley said...

Oh Lucy, thank you so much!! Your the best. My heart still does a happy little dance each time I look at that cover with my name on it. What an incredible feeling. Thanks again and I really hope you like Dream Man!!

Judy,
Thank you! I hope you like it. I'm getting nervous! This is so scary and exciting at the same time!

Stacy Dawn said...

Awesome Kelley!

I didn't have a choice to make...I knew I loved him from day 3 LOL

Chantal said...

I don't have a stay or walk away moment with DH, But I do remember the exact second I feel in love with him.
We were in a bar, of all places. I was on the floor dancing, and he was off to the side standing with his buddies. I'm not sure why it happened when it did, but I remember looking glancing over at him just as he turned his head and smiled at me. My heart did a flip flop then landed in my belly. I ran off the dance floor, kissed him, then ran back to the dance floor, lol He had been telling me for months that he was in love with me. I'm not sure why it took me so long to feel the same way.

Slave to Sensation sounds very interesting. It's hard for me to read a story where the hero has the same name as one of my sons' though, lol

Kelly, COngratulations!!

Brandy said...

Hmm, I admit my Dh and I dated 2 years before we were married. We did break up once and I dated someone else, but he wasn't the one in my heart. I decided that my heart would always belong to my then boyfrined now Dh and called him, we worked out our problems and were married 4 months later. We've been married for 13 years this last January. Did this work for your discussion question?

Estella said...

Congrats Kelly!
No romance stories for me.

J.J. Massa said...

Those reads look very yummy, Lucy. But, of course, I won't be reading them for ages, I PROMISE! :) As for "walk away" moments, I compromised. I walked, but not that far. *grin*

I love that whole enigmatic thing. LOL

Stacy~ said...

I'm sadly lacking in the romance department LOL. But I have a great imagination.

I guess I'll mention the theme in a romance that reminds me of this: revenge stories. Usually it's the hero bent on revenge, and he's so obsessed that he doesn't see it's destroying him or the relationship. When he realizes that revenge is not as important as being with his love, that's when it works. To give in to something more rewarding and worthwhile, all for love.

Deborah Chan said...

Great book suggestions, I put them on my list.

LISA WILLIAMS said...

I've read some of Nalini Sigh's books in the Silhoutte line and enjoyed them. I will have to keep an eye out for this book.

Shuck Ying said...

Nope, no big decisions about staying or not.

Thanks for the book suggestions!

Cherie said...

I remember when I was afraid to love my DH who was my boyfriend at the time. I had some really crummy relationships up until then and because of that I was afraid to let myself love him. I had the choice to either runfrom him or to him. I finally came to the realization that nothing worthwhile comes without risk and let go of my fear and put my trust in him. It was the best decision I have ever made. We have been married over 6 years now and are very happy.

Cherie Japp

Cryna said...

I have no real moments that come to mind other than the fact that my late husband was quite a bit older than me, back when people were not as accepting of age differences, but I figured who cares what people think, it is what is good for us.

Kelley your book looks fantastic and I remember how impressed I was with the snippet on your blog at the time. I am so happy it has worked out for you.

Jennifer Y. said...

No real romance stories for me.

Both books sound great!

Dannyfiredragon said...

Nalini's book is great! I can highly recommend the book

Kelley's book sound good.

Lucy,
I had to made a really hard decision during my first relationship, okay it was no real relationship on my side, but the boy went crazy and became very possesive. Only a few days after I met, he made plans that we would marry, how many kids we would have and so on. After a week I told him I don't want anything to do with him anymore. The whole situation turned scary and I was only 15. I got control calls from him, each day strange letters and so. He couldn't accept that I didn't want a relationship with him or anything else to do. Than he threaten that he would kill himself, if I didn't came back to him.
He didn't kill himself, but fortunately after long months he stopped contacting me.
Today I am very happy that I made the decision that I made, but it was hard at that point of time.

Lucy Monroe said...

Wow...great stories and for those that don't have them, we read to experience something different, yeah? Not just romance, but everything. That's what I love about reading...entering a world I don't live in, but existing there for a while in my imagination. Yum!

Maura said...

I also definitely recommend Slave to Sensation. It was absolutely terrific and kept me up until 3 am to finish it!

Kris said...

I have been waiting for Ms Singh's book (I adore the cover). I have not read Kelley Vitollo, but the book sounds great.

My DH and I had dated in HS and it did not work out. We by chance ended up going to the same college and for the first two months we tried to avoid each other. It did not work we ended up becoming best friends. When we realized that we talked to each other more than the people htat we were dating we talked about whether or not we wanted to try to pursue a relationship again. We said that if we were going to do this it would be with the assumption that we were going to get married, because we did not want to mess up our friendship by taking it lightly. We went for it and a year and a half later were married and have been married for 8 years now, and are still best friends.

Lucy Monroe said...

Maura...I'm so not surprised that you've already read the book! Thanks for the rec! Now, I'll have to get to it sooner than later.

Kris...Loved your story with dh. What a great way to deal with a friendship/relationship.

Hugs to all,
Lucy :)